Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day.

I don't hug trees. I don't think I buy global warming (especially since it was 39 degrees when I left my house this morning). I drive an SUV and I usually forget my reusable shopping bags.

But I do think it's important to be mindful of the decisions we make and how they impact the world around us, be it environmentally or otherwise. My SUV has an eco mode and I now keep my reusable bags in my car, especially now that Target gives your 5 cents off for each one you use.

One thing I've really tried to change in how much bottled water I drink. All the junk in our water concerns me enough that I stay away from straight tap water, but I try to buy large (2.5-5 gallon) jugs and refill reusable water bottles and sometimes I drink the brita water. Yes, I still buy bottles for those times when I have a baby in one arm and 20 pound diaper bag draped across me and I'm trying to get the dog outside and make it out the door. But I'm trying, dangit! So I say this completely hypocritically, but bottled water is a ridiculous luxury and so defining of American mentality.

So in honor of Earth day, here you go:

Presented by Online Education
The Facts About Bottled Water

No comments:

Post a Comment