Thursday, October 7, 2010

Deciphering

Last Saturday, I woke up to a happily chattering Carter. I went in to his room to get him up. The first thing I do is say hi, hug him, and then open the blinds. As soon as he spotted the light outside, he shouted:

"OBAMA!"

It was 6am and I was not quite 100% mentally, so I was slightly confused. I looked back at him while he repeated "Obama! Obama! Obama!" I was rather perplexed because a. we don't sit the kid in front of c-span for hours on end and b. the president was not standing outside the door (which, seriously, would have been really startling). I tried to figure out what the heck he was babbling about. Then it dawned on me, he was staring and pointed at the giant umbrella.

So I asked him, "Umbrella? Do you see the umbrella buddy?" He looked back at me like duh, that's what I've been telling you. So I repeated slowly "uuuhm-brell-LA" and Carter repeated back slowly "Oh-baaa-MA."

No comments:

Post a Comment