Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You're welcome in advance

Today's post is brought to you by my favorite Trader Joe's items that you should be buying right this minute. A few of them aren't specifically Trader Joe's brand, but can be found on their shelves.

1. Organic Brown Rice
If you only pick one of these suggestions, try this rice.
I'm not good at making rice. I also don't always have time to properly make rice even if I was the world's greatest rice chef. This stuff is great. You just microwave it for 3 minutes and you're ready to go. Practically instant side dish! I try to keep a few bags in my freezer. It's about 2 servings, so it's not going to supply rice fest 2010, but if I'm just making dinner after a long day, it's my go to.

2.  All things chocolate covered. To be more specific...
Dark Chocolate Edamame- A little sweet, a little salty, very addicting. Not everyone loves it, but it's worth trying.
Chocolate Covered Cherries- If the edamame isn't for you, try the Dilettante Bing Cherries in premium chocolate. A warning though- don't go for the slightly cheaper cherries. The fancy ones are really much better, though they are pricey. I sometimes keep them at work and snack on one or two after lunch. They're rich and delicious.

3. No Pudge Fudge
Did you know you can mix 2 tablespoons of this stuff with 1 tablespoon vanilla yogurt for a single serve brownie?  Or 4 tablespoons mix and 2 tablespoons yogurt if it's been a particularly tough day. I think they recently redesigned the package so it no longer features a pig quite so prominently. Good job marketing team.


4. Pita Puffs
These are new (I think?). They're air popped with a little bit of sea salt, a mere 120 calories for 30 puffs! I love them, though I will say that Seth could take them or leave them. They might be tasty with some Spicy Black Bean Dip.

5. French Market Sparkling Lemonades
Similar to the Lorina's variety pictured below, these are probably the most beautiful beverage containers I've seen. I particularly love the sparkling limeade, perhaps alongside a lime wedge-adorned goblet. I think that may appear on our dinner table tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment