Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good read

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” 
― Shauna NiequistBittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way


I'm reading a new book, Bittersweet by shauna Niequist. It is amazing. I've never had a book speak so clearly to where I am in life right this very moment. This has been a hard year, and this is a perfect book for right now. This has been a hard year for a lot of people I know. In fact, I can think of 10 people off the top of my head who I want to buy this book for. So, maybe wait and see if I buy you one :)

It's short essays of 4ish pages each, so it's perfect for the end of a busy day. I have laughed out loud (on an airplane! sort of embarrassing...), almost cried, and read numerous parts to my husband. I have been deeply moved by this book. It also makes me hungry, because seriously... look at this cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment