Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seven Months of Avery

Dear Avery,

Today you are seven months old!

You continue to be a joy and delight. You are sugar and spice and everything nice. You are the sweetest, cutest baby girl I’ve ever encountered. You are a little charmer and win everyone over with your adorable smile. I took you to Costco last week and many people commented on how adorable you were, perched up in the top of the shopping cart taking it all in, smiling at everyone. One woman told me you looked like the Queen of Costco. We went out to lunch a few weeks ago and a couple at a nearby table actually stopped me to tell me how well behaved and delightful you were. You’re also a little spice, and you’ve got a little feisty streak. I may regret these words later, but I like that. I’m glad you hold your own. Overall, though, you really are all things nice.

We celebrated your first Thanksgiving this year, and you loved it almost as much as everyone loved you. Lots of our family was able to meet you for the first time. You looked absolutely adorable in your sweet dress and tiny dress shoes. You ate sweet potatoes while we feasted on the same, and made it very clear you did not want to be left out of the festivities.

You love to sleep on your tummy. The second I put you down, even if you’re completely asleep, you roll from your back to your stomach. You are so cute sleeping, with your tush up in the air and your sweet hands tucked under your chin. Also, as a side note on the topic of sleep, we would like more of it. When will you release us from the 3am wakings?!

I took you in for your six month checkup last week. You and your brother were fairly well behaved for the entire TWO HOURS we were stuck there. You’re just a happy girl and when you got fussy, I was able to buy some time with a new toy and you were back to your content self. At the end though, when you got your shots, you were furious! I have never heard you scream like that. I felt just awful, it was so sad. I think you were more angry and surprised than anything else. It was a good opportunity to spend some extra time snuggling with you.

You are finding your voice more and more lately. We love hearing your little noises and trying to figure out what you’re telling us. You are so close to crawling! You pop up to your knees and rock back and forth, but you haven’t quite figured out how to move forward. Occasionally you scoot back and you definitely have figured out how to roll where you want to go. In fact, you’re faster than we can keep up with. Once we set up the Christmas tree, you entire goal in life was to roll under it and grab the ornaments. How such a tiny baby can out-roll two adults is still a mystery to me!

Every day with you is a delight. Well, most days. You are such a perfect addition to our family. You probably wonder what in the world is going on with all this chaos, but most of the time you just laugh at it and find it generally amusing. I hope you hold on to that quality for the rest of your life and always find it within yourself to laugh when things gets a little (or a lot) crazy.

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment