Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Anti-Resolutions

This year, I have a lot on my plate. A LOT. A two year old, a 7 month old, a dog, a house on the market, a husband, a full time (rather demanding lately) job, and many other things that pull me in various directions every day.

We have to be on. our. game. every morning to avoid disaster. Especially now that our kids are at two different places, that means two drop offs, two sets of stuff, and two parents who have to get to work, ideally on time. On top of that, the house has to be somewhat show ready in case an agent calls for a showing that day.

There are things I want to accomplish this year. I want to be more organized. I’m a very organized person, but I think we have some opportunity to declutter. I really want to move, but that’s mostly out of our control. I’d like to lose a couple inches, and maybe a pound or two. I’m pretty much at my pre-baby weight, but three and half years of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing have shifted things around a little. I want to be healthier, and I really want Avery to sleep better so Seth and I can sleep more. As I posted about last week, we're in limbo in so many areas of our life, and I really hope that throughout 2012, the pieces fall into place and things settle a bit.

There are a few things that are just not going to make the cut this year.

I am not going to learn anything new. Someday, I’d like to play guitar, and maybe knit, and maybe speak Italian. None of those things will happen this year.

I’m not quitting anything. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink much, and all of my other vices, which are fairly innocuous, are sticking around in 2012.

I am not going to the gym. Sure, I want to be healthier and more active, but the gym is not getting any of my time or effort. I’d like to log more miles on my double stroller, definitely eat healthier, and maybe play a little more Dance Central, but I just can’t rekindle my relationship with the elliptical right now.

I’m also going to try really, really hard not to make new commitments. I’m pretty maxed out right now, so maybe this is a good year to learn how to no. We’ll see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment