Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Whirlwind!

Events of the last five days, in chronological order:

1. I turned 28.

2. We moved to a new house.

3. We “celebrated” our anniversary. Seven is the cardboard anniversary, right?

    My sister tried SO hard to get us to go out to dinner. Despite my protestations about how much I needed to do, I finally conceded and was looking forward to it. Then Carter totally lost all reason and clung to me like a tree sloth and much freaking out followed. Not wanting to leave my poor sister with that mess of a child and the other crazy one, we decided to go with a rain check. It was kind of fitting of our life. 
4. We have spent hours at places like Ikea and Target buying lots of boxes and bins and a few pieces of furniture and such.

5. We did NOT get any response on what’s going on with the sale of our old house. So still praying we get some final answers there soon. Like yesterday. 


Things I have learned in the past 5 days: 

1. Do not ever attempt to move with a one year old. Especially mine. My sweet, adorable, stealth and mischievous busy girl did not help the process. I spent 30 minutes attempting to unpack one box of books while watching both kids. As soon as they were on the shelf Avery pulled every single one of them off. And then ran away and tried to dive head first down the stairs. 

2. We have way too much stuff. Specifically… 6 boxes of cleaning supplies (no exaggeration at all). It will be at least 5 years before I need another bottle of lotion. And with the massive amount of candles I have, we shouldn’t need to run the heater all winter. 

3. We have truly awesome, incredible family and friends. It almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about all the help and support we’ve had through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment