Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kiss me I'm (admittedly very diluted) Irish!

I really have no right to claim any Irish heritage, but there are McCoys in my lineage and my sister has a cute Irish look to her (freckles, faint reddish tint to her hair, I just got the less-endearing Irish ears).

Nonetheless, I love this holiday. Last year I was in Boston for St. Patrick's Day weekend. That, my friends, was an experience! I froze my dunkin donuts off watching the Southie parade with my mom (of course, who else would embrace the craziness with me?). I drank baileys served by the cutest irish bartender. We ate authentic Irish food at Irish pubs.

This year, I am boring. No baileys, no parades, no brashers. Today, I am just a boring pregnant lady. I hope our kids will someday love this holiday too, though the chances of them looking anything resembling Irish (or me) are quite slim. My gut tells me they will be little clones of Seth and maybe we'll learn about some Polish or Lebanese holidays.

Enjoy the day! I hope you're wearing green and maybe enjoying some Irish soda bread or a guiness, depending on how you roll. And if you ever can make it to Boston on St. Patrick's day, I highly recommend it.

Some pics from last year:


Boston PD:
Mi mama y yo, freezing (with Froganna, long story):


Froganna enjoying some Baileys:

No comments:

Post a Comment