Monday, June 29, 2009

Survival Mode...

If ever there was an excuse for not blogging, I think a newborn qualifies.

Carter James Jobin was (FINALLY) born on June 15, 2009 at 11:17pm. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces and was 21 inches long. Impressive for a baby induced a week early, and thank God for that. I'm still most definitely recovering from a rough labor and aftermath (and his 15 inch head), but it was a miracle in itself that I didn't have to have a c-section.

Looking back on these first 2 weeks, I can honestly say that I've never spent so much of my life on my knees in prayer. I could NOT have done this on my own, and we are just so thankful for how faithful God has been to us and how much we are blessed.


Top 10 things necessary to survive the first two weeks with Carter:

1. an amazingly supportive husband
2. awesome family and friends
3. pain medicine
4. lots and lots of lanolin, nipple shields, and ice packs
5. fierce determination
6. massive amounts of calories and copious liquid intake
7. a sense of humor
8. a sleep mask and trying to train myself to nap
9. enough humility to toss all of my preconceived notions and ideas about parenthood out the window
10. a really cute baby who loves to snuggle certainly helps!

What I will need should we decide to do this again:
Amnesia.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us through the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment