Thursday, June 4, 2009

Racing the clock...

This is my first official week of maternity leave, and it could not have come soon enough. Granted, I'm still checking my work email far, far too often, but my physical state is such that I do not actually know if I could make it through a day in the office at this point.

So the last 3 days exclusively and few months generally have been devoted to Operation Nesting Frenzy. I should probably add an asterisk here because my desire for complete order and cleanliness has nothing to do with my pregnancy. It's just gained urgency since I know that this baby *could* be here any time now, though it's still not terribly likely. Ever since we got new carpet and had to clear out our entire house, we've been purging and organizing. Our family room and second bedroom have been massive piles of boxes and random junk needing sorting. I'm happy to say our second bedroom is now a nursery! Ready for a baby! And the family room is, well, coming along.

I've also spent a good amount of time shopping for the last few (HAHA, few...) things we needed for the baby. Seriously, this kid has so much stuff already. But, if it makes our lives easier, I think (hope?) it's worth it.

So today I'm back to the piles and organizing and cleaning, and hopefully soon things will be manageable and I'll feel like our house is ready. And then Baby J can debut whenever he wants, the sooner the better. Just not for at least one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment