Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still Truckin’

This was a weekend of many adjectives. First and foremost, adorable. Carter's first Halloween was basically a snuggly photo op. He really could not have cared less about the actual Halloween part, but he did get to spend some time strapped to his daddy in the kangaroo pouch. This gave him an incredible opportunity to suck on said kangaroo pouch for well over an hour.

It wasn't all sunshine and giggles though. The weekend did include a fun-size break down. I say fun-size as in "this fun size candy bar is not fun at all." King size, now that's fun. I think Carter sensed mama needed a little help Sunday and continuously melted my heart. Riiight up until the massive blow out followed by an emergency bath (for him and the surrounding area) followed by throwing up all over his clean self. I just stood there for a minute and looked at him and said "huh, well, I wish your dad was here." And he laughed. So it was all good.

Moral of the story (without going into details): working motherhood is not easy. It's not how I envisioned my life. I don't like all the issues that come with it. But, if that's the challenge I have to deal with for such an incredible blessing, I can work with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment