Thursday, July 15, 2010

13 Months.

Today Carter is 13 months old. I decided I would only do a monthly letter until he turned one, same with the monthly picture with the dog. So today, the first monthiversary since he turned one, I feel a little lost. I also am realizing that I have neglected to post any pictures here or to facebook in far too long. In fact, I haven't even been taking nearly enough pictures. The last month our life went from the speed of one of the fair rides that throws you against the wall to warp speed spin art. And then came the sickness to end all sickness. I remember distinctly that last July was a complete blur, so I'm trying to slow it all down this year.

Letter or not, Carter continues to grow and learn new tricks constantly and I wanted to capture a few of them so I don't completely lose track.

He's not walking yet, although I think that's just because he's stubborn. He's a really fast crawler and get around MORE than quickly.

He loves balls. We have quite a collection now and he positively delights in throwing them and chasing them around the house. It's endless entertainment.

He still loves trucks and airplanes. I don't see that changing any time soon.

He still loves Stella. He calls her "shteh-zha" or something like that. A few days ago we went to the dog park and Stella and Seth played inside and Carter and I sat just outside the fence. All the dogs loved coming over and checking him out, probably because they could smell his goldfish. Stella was adorably protective and kept a close eye on all the others around Carter.

He's doing really well at daycare and is adjusting right on schedule, albeit not without several bumps in the road. He loves watching the other kids and the fact that he gets all kinds of snacks. Our daycare provider cannot believe how much he eats. I think we're going to have to send extra food and quite possibly take out a loan to finance our food budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment