Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A mini (really mini) vacation

Over the weekend, Seth and I took a little trip all the way down to La Jolla to celebrate five years of marriage. I will say it didn't quite turn out the way I envisioned. I had this picture in my head (which, honestly, is always my downfall) of us relaxing by the pool, lounging in the sun, leisurely strolling and most importantly, SLEEPING. In reality, it's the coldest summer since 1933, we picked the weekend when the Hilton La Jolla was hosting about 5,000 tween championship soccer players from across the country and their very intense soccer parents, customer service left a lot to be desired and I ended up switching out my pillow for a crumpled towel at 2am because it was the world's most overstuffed pillow and my neck is uncomfortable at a 75 degree angle.

Despite that, it was really nice. We reflected on our five years. We spent almost 24 hours leaving the mommy and daddy part at home, as much as you really can anyway. We had an amazing, amazing dinner at Kemo Sabe in Hillcrest (highly recommend!) and spent some time in the jacuzzi and met some nice folks from Atlanta. We ate a leisurely brunch without a highchair, bib, or the obligatory dance of who watches the kid and who gets their food. I even finished two crossword puzzles. We're already looking forward to the next trip, and maybe we'll even venture past one night!

And Carter had a fabulous time with Grandma, who let him eat lemons and feed himself a jar of food. Turns out the kid loves lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment