Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cause I am living in a material world



Next up: Possessions. I’m actually doing this in conjunction with clothes week since I’m going to be on the other side of the country visiting my sister for most of the real week 3.

Oh, possessions. I have a lot of stuff. Most of it I hold on to with open hands, but there are *far* too many handfuls.

This week, I’m going to go through 13 rooms/areas of our home and give away 7 things from each. That’s 91 items. Some rooms may have 70 things I could give away. Jen Hatmaker gave away 7 things a day for 30 days, which is 210 items. That’s my second goal: 210 items.

Carter is getting in on this action. He really loves his stuff, and that concerns me. I want to find a local resource, maybe an orphanage or women and children’s shelter, to donate these things to, and I want him to go with me and hand it over. It’s so important to us that he understands how blessed our life is, and how we are called to share with others. I’m not quite sure how that’s all going to go, but it’s so important to shepherd his little heart. And mine, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment