Thursday, April 18, 2013

Media

I’m not sure how I feel about this week. I already know I’m way too plugged in, and I’m not that sad to unplug for a week.

Here’s what I’m eliminating for the week:
1.       Facebook
2.       Pinterest, blogs, etc.
3.       Apps, except the ones that are actually needs, like GPS and my grocery list
4.       TV and Netflix, except for my kids who watch one episode of Curious George every morning before school if they’re ready and being good
5.       Anything on the internet I don’t truly need (this includes news stalking, which is very difficult in the wake of tragedies this week)
6.       Non-Christian radio
7.       The random phone calls I make when I’m bored, driving, etc. when I just can’t stand the sound of silence

Obviously my job includes a whole lot of time on the computer and internet, but I hid my bookmark bar after I almost clicked on msn.com about 10 times in the first day. I also almost logged on to Facebook within 5 minutes of being awake day 1.

My biggest fear is that I’m going to miss something, but I’m probably not going to. I’ll probably get a lot more cleaning and laundry done, and I’ll go to bed earlier, which is good for everyone. However, I may end up getting really involved in those Curious George episodes…

No comments:

Post a Comment