Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Undressing Clothes


I finished clothes week yesterday. It certainly wasn’t food, but I didn’t like it. I found that 60 seconds goes REALLY fast when I’m trying to pick out an outfit, and shoes, and jewelry. I also found that more often than not, I wanted to change. I really struggle with feeling insecure in whatever I’m wearing, and there are definitely days I change 3-4 times before I leave the house. Not good. I also realized that I hated one shirt I was wearing (which will no longer be part of my wardrobe), and the whole day I just felt off because of my shirt. My shirt! What a ridiculous, vain, unnecessary thing to ruin a day over!

The biggest lesson of clothes came out of the possessions side of it. I finally got rid of the sophomore year homecoming dress, but more on that later. And, going forward, I really don’t want to buy endless amounts of more. If I buy something, it needs to replace something else and it needs to be necessary.

I know the Lord is working on me, and empowering me to be comfortable in my own skin, but this week really showed me my need to depend on Him in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment