Friday, November 11, 2011

Month of Gratitude: Day 11

I'm thankful for a much needed date night. Tonight I hung up the mama hat and put the wife hat on, one that's become a bit dusty at times out of necessity. We had dinner at BJs, a place that will probably always remind us of college and the beginning of our relationship. We walked around the mall, stopped at Kohls, and filled up my gas tank. These are not terribly exciting things, some of them are pure necessities, but they were practically luxuries sans infant and toddler. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I actually enjoy shopping with them, but tonight I felt so independent! We talked over dinner instead of passing kids and utensils and toys back and forth and lingered leisurely. It's only the second time we've been out since Avery was born, and it's not always the easiest choice, nor the simplest proceeding to get out of the house. But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment