Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Month of Gratitude: Day 8

This sounds so spoiled and pretentious I almost hesitate to admit it, but I'm thankful for Starbucks, especially today.

I don't know if it's the time change or something else, but neither of my children have wanted to sleep the last few nights (this is another one of 10 million times I'm so thankful to have a husband who is an awesome co-parent who also gets up in the middle of the night, two thankfuls in one!). The past few nights, Avery has been up at least five times a night and Carter is waking up way too early and up a few times the last few nights too.

So this morning, I stopped at Starbucks. I try not to drink a lot of caffeine, and many days I don't have any. Some days I just need a little help. Plus it helps me psychologically slow down and settle into the day, even if the night didn't go as well as I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment