Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Month of Gratitude: Day 30

I'm thankful we've survived this year and that we have a new one on the horizon. I started this year with a theme word, Trust. I had an inkling of how meaningful that word would prove to be, but the reality turned out to be much more (and harder) than I imagined. As I stumbled through this year, freefalling through challenges that made no sense and broke my heart, I heard that word echoed in the deep recesses of my soul. In the last few weeks, new hope has sprouted in several areas of our life. There is a glimmer of excitement for the future, or at least relief from this season. And yet I know that if 2012 continues to present trials, we are still so blessed. All I have to do is look around and my heart is so very grateful.

For the record, I'm considering different words for 2012, like Easy, Blessed, Fun. Nothing like Patience, Growth, or Strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment