Sunday, November 20, 2011

Month of Gratitude: Day 20

I'm thankful for garage sale finds! Growing up with my mother, garage sales were truly a way of life. No one does garage sales like she does. It seems, for better or worse, I've inherited a piece of that gene. One of my favorite things to do is go garage sale-ing with Carter. This has really only started since Avery was born. Usually I'll wake up with him, feed Avery, and when she goes down for a nap we go out on our adventure. Many Saturday mornings he wakes up saying "Mama, I wanna go on a abenture!" Sometimes we stop for breakfast, it is such precious time with him. Hearing his little voice sing "garage sales, where aaaare yoooou?" melts my heart!

This Saturday was quite successful. For less than $50 I brought home:

This Baby Eintstein play mat in brand new condition:
This tool box, complete with a not pictured work bench:




















This book (and another one based on The Wild), for a quarter each!



A stroller similar to this one (it needs a little love, but for $15 I couldn't pass it up!):




















Plus a few platters, more books, and clothes. Most importantly, I had a fun morning with my son.  I wish I had a picture of his face when he saw that tool bench. His eyes lit up! All morning he kept talking about the really nice lady with the tools and going on and on about how that was really so lucky. I cherish these little Carter and Mama dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment