Monday, November 28, 2011

Month of Gratitude: Day 28

I'm thankful for the season of gift giving. I love Christmas. I love celebrating Jesus and spending time with family. I also love giving gifts (it probably helps that my love language is gifts, something my husband neither shares nor really understands). I love homemade gifts, but I also like to shop. And I love a good deal, which is why I stalk Amazon's lightening deals and scour ads, because let's be honest, I'm on a tight budget here and as much as I'd like to spend hundreds of dollars on hundreds of people, that's not going to happen. I know that in some circles this is an unpopular opinion, that conspiracies swirl about the evil plans of Hallmark and WalMart manipulating us to overspend and commercializing gluttony. I get that. But, on the other hand, I think it's a really nice opportunity to give a gift that tells someone you care about them and you think they would enjoy or appreciate this thing you're giving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment