Saturday, November 19, 2011

Month of Gratitude. Many days.

I'm still slacking. This week was all kinds of busy. So here's a compilation of gratitude:


Day 16:
I'm thankful for other people being willing to be vulnerable and put their lives out in the open, even the hard parts. I think blogging has done a lot for us in that realm and hopefully helped us all realize that no one is perfect and we've all got our own junk in the proverbial trunk.

Day 17:
I'm thankful for easy dinner options. Sort of lame, I know. But I was able to microwave Gorgonzola chicken with baked sweet potatoes and a vegetable medley tonight for dinner thanks to Trader Joes and my microwave. If I had to spend 4 hours a day cooking, I don't know, stew over sticks and hot rocks, I wouldn't last very long.

Day 18:
I am so thankful for Fridays at home. I went back a little earlier than I would have like after I had Avery. It made sense for everyone, and now I get to take off Fridays for a while and use my remaining maternity benefits. It is so fantastic to have that day with just her and I, something really special, especially with a second baby. This week was not so pleasant, little miss is still working on her bottom front teeth and protesting naps, but I still enjoyed the day with her.

Day 19:
This is so strange to post, and I'm sure someday my son will hate me for this, but I'm thankful Carter actually pooped in the potty tonight. This is a big step for him, and it gives me hope that someday I won't be changing 25 diapers a day. Ah, the life of a mother with young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment